Tuesday, June 19, 2007

sequel

I leave with long strides the tramstation walking on the boulevard and when I reach on the middle of the bridge above the railway I saw the dome of The Holy Cross Day Church like a fixed beacon on the coast of the sea.I'm not a stranger in these places,I was born and I had grown up here.Before my parents does expect my confinement they were bought four hundreads square metres ground, not far from this Churh,and build a house which was surrounded by verture,trees and flowers.Eight years ago,The Communist Party decided to pull down the district for eventually investments so we were forced to gave up our own house and ground and moved to the block of flats as lodgers,without any cover of our loss.We can't oppose this order because we knew some opponents which were at that time either in jail or in the graveyard.
Now,in 1989,only The Church remains the same but it was surrounded by empty large places like a oasis in the desert.I was christianized,married and my own girls were christianized in this Church.
Then,I pass on,nearby my University and futher on Uptown where I was astonish by the emptyness of the place,only me and few persons are disturbing the sadely morning.All over the places were put plancards with work stimulus and portraits of The Great Leader,Ceausescu...
Finally,I arrive ten minutes late for the program at the Institute and a lot of pairs of inquisitive eyes peer for me with compassion because lateness,in coming,was very punished mistake.I was relatively a new engineer,since two years in the Company,but the proved experience and competency assigned me as a needful man for the Institute's divisions which are working for about seven counties.I'm 31 years old and I've almost seven years in constructions and architecture experience but inspite of these I was considered too young for the most of the employers which have older communist party membership card...it does matter very much.

No comments: